Wednesday, February 15, 2017

One Last Visit

My dear 96 year old Opa went from working out with his personal trainer (whilst drinking his Diet Coke) to falling ill and passing away in just 6 short weeks.  He lived up here in Utah (Sandy) and my Mom still lives in Tucson.  When the family relayed the news that he wasn't doing very well, I'm so glad my mother was able to hop on a plane and have one last visit with her father.  I too was able to spend some time with him saying thank you and goodbye.



One last Daddy Daughter Date.



Mom also got to spend some time with her sisters. And we all know that sister time is the best!



I love this drawing of my Oma, and this painting of my Opa's father, who died when Opa was 12 years old.  I'm sure after being apart for 84 years, it was a very sweet reunion in heaven.


*** This post is for Friday, January 20th, 2017***


No comments:

Post a Comment