Wednesday, March 8, 2017

The Start of Something New

I don't know if I already posted this, but for Christmas my handsome husband enrolled me in an "Epic Date of the Month Club."And I'm sad to report, that this is not a gift you can find online, friends. He literally wrapped up a folder with 12 fabulous dates outlined: some out of town, some overnight, all insanely fabulous. Let's just say, there's a Boys to Men/ Paula Abdul/ New Kids on the block concert in there... think about the glory of that night... but January held a trip to my hometown of Tucson, AZ. Ryan travels sometimes for work, and he had a lecture in the old pueblo, at a fancy hotel, so he whisked me away! He even planned a little tour of our romance (bc we met in Tucson.) We stopped at the hotel that Ryan used to work at. We drove by the shop I used to work at (which no longer exists. We hit both of the apartments that we called home. Swung by the church where we first met (The LDS Institute on the U of A campus) and then, of course, we grabbed some Eegees (think 7-11 slurpee... but better.) We celebrated our "start" together, our start of something new. Epic date of January was a smashing success!

... until I got a call from Utah

(...to be continued, tomorrow)



The drive to the airport!



Stopping in at Rincon Market, close to the U of A and one of our favorites.



Ryan is inside the Desert on the Lodge hotel. He worked here whilst wooing me, and our parents met for the first time her at their restaurant.



Our first apartment. It was sooo affordable, and a total dump!



Seriously. This was our shifty little back porch area.



Our Second place was infinitely better. I had Preston (our oldest) just a few weeks after moving in.



Darling. And the place is good looking too.



The gym area at the Institute where we became friends, and then a whole lot more.
One of our first dates had me donating blood in this very room, then promptly passing out. Ryan caught me (like a ninja/viking) and then he took me back to his apartment to eat burritos.
It wasn't particularly tasty, but bc I was already madly in love, it still got 5 Michelin Stars.


1 comment:

  1. I love this stroll through memory lane, what a love story!!

    ReplyDelete