Monday, March 13, 2017

Beastly

For over 6 months, Beauty and the Beast has been the focus of my oldest. Auditions were held in the summer, before school even started. Preston's passion is musical theatre, and with a lot of hard work and talent, his performance as the Beast was just excellent (yes, I am biased bc I'm his mother:~) The high school he attends is known for their epic theater arts department. They had 13 shows (I'm pretty sure...) and I attended all but two; missing one for my grandfather's funeral, and a matinee because I was hosting  a dinner party for all of the travelers that would go see the evening performance. I baked cupcakes, I packed veggie bags, I helped out a bit with concessions, and I cried at almost every show.   For all the struggles that teenage years can bring, it was incredible to witness my handsome son soar like an eagle, by growling, yelling and singing like a beast.  Beyond proud of my son, and all of the talented cast, crew, volunteers and teachers he got to work with.  Well done, all of you!


Dancing.





Kissing. Yes, Preston and Belle are dating. So, that happened.



Loved the sets, costumes, dancing, and script.



Tons of friends and family came to see the play. My siblings were in town for my grandfathers funeral.



Check out the costumes.



Neighborhood friend.



Neighborhood family friends.



My handsome son, dressed like a prince.



The beginning and end scenes, he had a stunt double. Fun to get the two of them pictured here.



Dining.



Gal pals coming for a night of magic.



Belle in her new library.



The cast!




1 comment:

  1. He killed it, KILLED it! What a great show and cast especially that amazing Beast!

    ReplyDelete