Saturday, July 2, 2016

Slide Rock at Last!

20 years ago I asked my family if they were planning on doing anything special for the 4th of July, and they said nothing was in the works. So I went with a friend to a small town (Bisbee, AZ) 4th celebration. I think my absence motivated them to do something awesome so they went to slide rock* without me. 10 years ago my family and a reunion just an hour away from Slide Rock, which was totally on the reunion schedule. I was eager to attend, but was a few months pregnant and simply could not hold anything down. The family enjoyed Slide Rock and I enjoyed my morning sickness (with the support of a handsome husband who stayed behind to nurse his wife.) So after two entire decades of wanting to party at Slide Rock, my dreams were realized. And It. Was. Awesome.

* Slide Rock is a river/spring found in Northern AZ. It's claim to fame is that it's a natural water slide, like the kind you would find in an amusement park, only ti's more awesome because it's found in nature. The water was pretty chilly, but the sun was hot and the slide was just amazing.



A Lovely picnic lunch we had right before our hike down to the fun.



Lot's of Steps to the water. Preston helped me carry Norman and his stroller.



Norman was not as amused at the experience as his older siblings were, but boy did he look darling in his little swim vest.



Ryan jumping with Owen!
Going...



Going,,,



Going...



And...



Gone! 




I did go, and would be okay if I never cliff jumped again.



Chilling after a sweet run down the cliffs.



Our way out found us walking back to our car in a hail storm.
Super glad the rain didn't start until we finished out Slide rock fun.

*** This post is for Wednesday, June, 29th, 2016***

No comments:

Post a Comment