Saturday, July 9, 2016

Homestead Decor

When I discovered that the dream home of my twin and her husband was to become a homestead reality, I tried to figure out what the perfect housewarming gift would be. It didn't take me long to decide that a "Boot Quilt" was the ticket. Plus, when you give someone something that you 1) made, 2) is somewhat useful, they are bound to carry warm fuzzy thoughts with you year round. So there's that. Below are some final pics of our Tucson Adventure.


This is a picture of Lesley's house, by popular request.
They're renting the guest house on airbnb, check it out! Go for a visit!
https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/13622348?guests=4&s=zRcUl6Rf



This is a view of her homestead, main house on the left, guest house on the right.
When asked by her children;
Q: What is their property?
A: Everything the light touches.


Her opening up her quilt.



Look at all those boots!



The Boring backside. She chose "yellow" as the theme color for her home.




A kindhearted friend helped me out with some Embroidery.
They're thinking of naming their homestead "The Yellow Barn"
and they got the key on May 31st.




A lot of sweat, blood, tears, sacrifice, prayers, faith and hope came before the dream. This quote is in reference to a conference talk (church speech by an apostle) by Joseph B Worthlin, Sunday Will Come. Indeed, they do.




It mattered not that it was 107 degrees outside.
We cuddled nonetheless.



My Dad spotted a horny toad. They look so fierce, but aren't mean at all.



So he scooped it up! He looks pretty happy to be holding the little critter.



My mom and I, out for an evening stroll.



The kids put together a performance for us. It was Cindrella-ish.
Owen was a horse.







2 comments:

  1. Love the boot quilt!! Can't decide which is my favoirte boot, much like my own boot collection each boot fits a mood! Glad you just caught a pick of the unveiling since I was crying when you gave it to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I am so happy for you, Lesley! Is this the property in Benson from years ago? Happy housewarming to you, girl. Only people who have survived a build can know the Rollercoaster of emotions and relief of finally finishing your own home. Yay, you guys! And Lindsey, that quilt is awesome. What a great, useful, touching gift! Live all you Holmans, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete