Saturday, July 23, 2016

Not So Chipper

Instead of not getting into a car accident on our way to Lagoon, we did. My fabulous sister and her kids are with us and in honor of summer and family and roller coasters and fun, we thought Lagoon would be fabulous adventure. I was riding to the park with my sister and some of our kids when I got a call from my Preston (high school senior) telling me that he had just been in an accident, that everyone was okay, but the car looked pretty bad. Calvin and Norman were with him, and three of their cousins. They had been rear ended at a stop light (26th and 89) and the other driver slammed into the crew going about 35mph, clearly not paying any attention at all. They pulled over and Preston got out to see if she was okay. This young driver turned to Preston and curtly replied "I'm on the phone with my insurance company"... so I think she was okay. She received a ticket for her naughty driving, and we got to pull up to Lagoon looking like we were part of the National Lampoons Vacation movie.  My car is no longer with us, we're in a sweet rental, which will now make it easy to sneak around... not usually possible in my Chipper Chef van.


This picture is cool because my finger is in the way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment