Sunday, June 12, 2016

18 Years As Wife and Husband!

On this special day, 18 years ago, Ryan Edward and I were married in the Mesa, Arizona temple at 9:45am.  18 Years of memories; love, kids, moves, vacations, kissing, crying, dancing, working, parenting, shopping, cooking, driving, cleaning, mowing, studying, kneeling, praying, doctors, surgeries, car accidents, cookies, sunrises, movies, gifts, holidays, funerals, sickness and health.  What a journey! What a ride! If our marriage were a person, and it broke the law, it could be tried as an adult. How romantic! All my love, Mr. Smith. "Yeah, us! June 12, 1998" - what I had engraved on the inside of Ryan's wedding ring. Yeah, us indeed.



We took off for a night in Park City, in honor of our love anniversary.
But before that 30 mite drive to the East, we attended the SLC temple for the sealing of my handsome cousin and his wife. And following their sealing, their darling little man cub was sealed to them.
Forever families - the entire purpose of temples.



Our weekend was amazing, complete with 5 hours of mountain biking - a total first for me.
I only fell about 6 times and luckily just got scratched up a bit.  We had already checked out of the hotel by the time we returned the bikes, but were headed to a posh restaurant and needed to get cleaned up, so we stopped at the SLC Aquatic center to shower and get fancy. That's when I realized that my dress shoes were still at the hotel. Boo.



At least my running shoes matched my sweater. Delicious fun romantic weekend spent with the man who has my heart, now and always.



The man behind the dream.
I've never wanted anything as much as I wanted to marry this man.
So glad my wish was granted/ my prayer was answered.




1 comment: