Sunday, January 7, 2018

New Start

My church building is shared between two Mormon congregations. Just to keep things interesting, every year we swap church times with the other congregation. Last year (2017) our church was on Sundays from 1-4pm. Today marked the new start of 9-noon church. And I am a huge fan of this new time. Afternoon church might suggest that we had plenty of time to get ready, but it was still a mad rush to get out the door. Also, afternoon anything with a toddler is lame. It's nap time, crabby time (for both the littles and the adults.) Also, now that we're back to morning church, the window for Sunday donut making has returned. It takes time, effort, and potatoes to make a good spud nut, and lucky for all that were in the house (including my fabulous niece Jordan who's at BYU) we dined on cinnamon sugar, vanilla glaze and Nutella dipped donuts. 


Ryan was the glazer. I was the frier. Simon was the talker. Owen was the eater. And Jordan was the smiler. Not pictured were the rest of my herd (including Preston who drove up from Provo with Jordan), and Jaron, Shelly, Jaden and Mikey who are still with us until Tuesday (Yeah!!!!)

1 comment:

  1. Looks like fun! I am jealous of your church time. I need to take a class on how to make donuts. I did it once when I was in YW at a RS activity. I haven’t been ambitious enough to try it again. They were so delicious! 🍩

    ReplyDelete