Monday, January 1, 2018

Day 1 - It's begun

Welcome, welcome 2018! Another year has come and gone. This year has had it's share of ups and it's downs. Up: finally making my proposal to the school board to offer free pads and tampons in all stalls in the schools... As for a down, most are kept private, but I *can* tell you that I got the worst manicure of my life in August, and it's taken 5 long months for my damaged nails to finally grow out.  Truth. Weird. Lot's of stuff has happened this year, and bc I don't always have an excellent memory, I'm not really going to remember much of it since I failed to family blog most of 2017! Bummer. I will definitely be blogging more this year so that when I'm 87 and want to know what happened in 2018, I can turn to the pages of my blog and find out what costumes were worn on Halloween, how Ryan did in his triathlons, who Calvin took to Spring Formal (he turned 16 two days ago!), what Simon did for his science fair project, how Owen played in his basketball game, when Annie performed as Dorothy in her schools The Wizard of Oz (she got the part!), how darling Norman looked in a swimsuit, how grown up my man-cub Preston the college student was, what sweet and gentle eyes our Cricket had after surgery (she just had some cysts removed a few days ago and is bravely wearing her blue cone.) I want to remember all that stuff... especially all the good stuff which is what typically makes it to most blogs. Welcome, welcome 2018. Like last year, it's going to be a year of love and work and faith and challenges and mistakes and hummus and laughter, but it will also be a year remembered.


On New Years Eve we like to eat midnight waffles. We kicked it up a notch and added crumbled bacon to the batter, just bc we can... When the clock struck 12, I asked my soul mate and  husband of 19 years to give me a kiss to build a dream on. He generously accommodated. It's going to be a great year.

1 comment:

  1. New Years might be my favorite holiday so full of promise and hope. Welcome 2018! Now I want waffles.

    ReplyDelete