Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Happy New Year! (On Valentines Day!)

We rang in 2017 in LA, waiting for the rest of the Holman clan to meet us for our epic Family Reunion New Years Cruise. It was the short Carnival cruise that hits Ensenada and Catalina Island, but it was still great.  Advantages to cruising for a reunion: everyone can eat what they want. No one has to play hostess.  Plenty of time for family bonding. Disadvantages: going with a toddler (too young to attend any of the cruise stuff for kids, old enough though for fear of strangers, even loving family members), hard to coordinate where to meet on the ship with everyone on different floors and no access to cell phones, the 5 weeks (for real!) that it took for me to finally get rid of my motion sickness (strange enough, I had no motion sickness during the entire cruise.) Overall though, it was a winning experience and a once in a life time event: 2 parents, 4 siblings and 4 spouses, 20 grandkids, 1 sister in law, and 3 foreign exchange students from China. Boom. Holman Cruise 2017: party of 34.


Shopping for Donuts, waiting for the boat.



Family pictures. Shirts gifted by Nana and Papa, designed by Ryan.



Golf Carts on Catalina Island!



Formal dinner on the boat: I'm wearing a dress that I wore as a bridesmaid for a wedding from 20 years ago.  Gotta love a dress that is classic enough for that.



My brother set up a wild game of tag on the ship. Boom.



This is the most romantic/ horrible picture I think I have ever seen. I love it.
I wish Ryan had purchased it for me... Maybe he did and i'll get it on my birthday?!



My crew on the golf carts.



Parasailing bc were cool!



Norman wore a baby bear backpack like a puppy, and for safety.



Playing on the beach.



Walking back to the boat after playing in Ensenada.

*** Too many pictures to choose from for this epic trip ***

No comments:

Post a Comment