Monday, October 3, 2016

20th Tour

This weekend was my high school's 20th reunion. All in all, it was such a lovely event, and I walked away feeling so incredibly blessed to be lumped in to such a fabulous group for the 4 impressionable years of high school.  The reasons I am declaring this reunion a success are: #1 My better female half, aka womb mate, aka twin joined me in the reunion fun. I cheated in high school: my best friend rode to school with me, was in almost all of my extra curricular activities, had several classes with me, and we went home together and shared a room. #2 I got to tour my old stomping ground. The campus tour was fabulous! I don't really have what's technically referred to as "a mind's eye." I find it incredibly difficult to picture places that I've been (like even my own home). I struggle with the details. Fact: I couldn't describe what any of my children look like, unless I'm looking at them/ looking at a photo of them. Long story short, the tour of Sahuaro High School was a happy jaunt down memory lane. #3 I got to enjoy a fabulous Mexican dinner at El Charro with my dear friends, the "lunch bunch." I know why we were all pals in  our teens, and why we remain pals in our late 30's.  The lunch was fabulous, but still only half as good as the conversation. #4 Our big reunion dinner was lovely.  Somewhat informal, with tasty Italian food to nibble on, it was all that I had hoped it would be.  I chatted with several random classmates, and heard about children and jobs and travel and divorce and murder and house fires and illness and pets and career changes... I even got called "cute as a button." Can't beat that.


Admin building.



Walking the halls.



So many hours spent in this gym!
We were lucky enough to have my track coach, Sandy Novak, take us on the high school tour.



My friend Kara and I crushed it during our PE Badminton pairs. 
A worthy reason for a picture.



Our fight song. And beat the Sabercats we did.



A view form our track. Lot's of miles were logged on that track.



Our little theatre. I still remember my lines from the play "Fame."



A small, but fabulous tour.



Lunch bunch. The restaurant thought we would never leave:~)


*** This post is for Friday and Saturday, Sept 30 and October 1st, 2016***

2 comments:

  1. So fun! Love those ladies. The view of the track and mountains is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun! Love those ladies. The view of the track and mountains is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete