Monday, August 1, 2016

Perfection

On days when I see myself and this planet further away from perfection than I would hope, it is often food that comforts me. And not necessarily the consumption of vast quantities of it (I'm lousy at pigging out) but simply knowing that God has provided such a delicious variety of foods we can consume, that exist on earth not only to fill my belly, but tantalize my taste buds... knowing this makes me smile on crummy days. And today wasn't as fabulous as I would have hoped for. Certainly, a Monday.

Whenever my sister has an especially lame day, she heads over to Costco and purchases that really tall chocolate cake; the one that reminds me of the cake in the movie Matilda. She calls it a "celebration of mediocrity." It's a brilliant idea, but I was just too tired to head to Costco. I even grabbed supplies to make a batch of Rice Krispys, but I decided even that was too much effort (which really says it all, given that it seriously takes about 3 minutes to prepare a batch.) But I want to celebrate food in some way today so I am unveiling a new "recipe." My Grandma claims to have invented stickers, my mother claims to have invented Diet lime Coke, but I'm getting dibs on this one. I think I have cracked the code on the perfect "Smore." Behold....



Chips-a-Hoy
Perfectly toasted marshmallow
Reese's Peanut Butter Cup
Chips-a-Hoy

© The Chipper Chef, 8/1/2016



Squished perfection.
Whilst shopping for a campfire, I had what some might call revelation, or at least inspiration, when this little gem came into my mind. It' is now officially tried and tested.
Take these to your next campfire and minds will be blown.



A delectable shot of a hand grabbing for some cake. I would love to have a cake party where we have no plates or forks, we just grab a hunk of what looks delicious... and then a maid service cleans up the ridicule mess that would ensue.



No comments:

Post a Comment