Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Halloween Tricks

I like the saying "Trick or Treat" because it implies options. It would be rather enjoyable though if a knock on a neighbors door led to some sort of magic trick... how many snickers can one toddler eat anyways?! But instead of simply getting loads of treats on Halloween night, we got a few nasty tricks as well. First, one of my creative children accidentally left a can of yellow spray paint out, which rolled under my car, which I accidentally drove over, which exploded upon impact, which got paint all over my bumper and the concrete in my driveway. Mull that over for a second... I wasn't keen to call Ryan to report (seeing as there wasn't much he could do and I didn't want to ruin his last hour or so before she got home)... so about 30 minutes later, I got a call from him. He was in a little fender bender himself. The other car and driver are fine, but his Volvo didn't fair too well. What are the odds that we would both have a Halloween car story?! But since bad things come in threes, I'll continue. After a good two hours of trick or treating in the somewhat chilly weather (we got root beer, homemade pumpkin donuts, roasted hotdogs, and lots of traditional candy: my neighborhood is just incredible when it comes to Halloween) I headed down to tuck my littles into their beds... only to discover the toilet overflowing: an inch of water on the floor, and plenty soaking into our brand. new. carpet. For the love of all good things... how many times have we had the "the appropriate amount of toilet paper to use" lesson?! And in the event of an unforeseen toilet incident, where more TP is required, just do an intermission "courtesy flush"!  By the end of the night, I was ready for all of the goblins and ghouls and witches (myself included) to go to bed. The Smith's definitely got Halloween-ed.

Trick or treating with some neighborhood friends.
Owen is the jail bird, Simon is Prince Charming, Annie is Harley Quinn, and Norman is an elephant.


Calvin is a 1950's greaser.


My elephant at the Halloween library story time.



Gathering together to walk to school for the Halloween parade.



My Halloween fruit platter.



Hat day at school: Highland Cow, Scottish golfing cap, and Loch Ness Monster.



Bathing Brothers.



Last adventure at Lagoon Theme Park.



Norman getting into trouble.


*** Happy Halloween... sort of.****









No comments:

Post a Comment