Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Waterfalls

The Smith family Labour Day was spent hiking, eating, a bit of laboring (chores) and a little missing. My AZ family spent this lovely day celebrating my Mother's birthday with a fab service project that she had planned (lunch for 60 men at a homeless shelter.) This birthday service project is something that has apparently been going on for a several years. What a wonderful way to spend time together. I spent just a few minutes on this Labor Day missing the AZ party, the heat, the cake and ice-cream, and the conversations; the time spent just chatting about random things, soaking up the joy of family togetherness... But lucky for me, my UT Labor Day was still pretty fabulous. My fitbit had my steps at 19,000+ by the end of the day, which means that indeed, I did labor on Labor Day.


Quite the Waterfall.



A well deserved sit after the hike to the fall.



Preston got Norman duty for the hike back. I love that Norm is standing in his backpack, and that Preston is holding his tiny feet. Darling.


***This post is for Monday, Sept 5th, 2016***




No comments:

Post a Comment