Monday, September 19, 2016

Day of Deliciousness!

My day began with a television demonstration (Heavenly Honey Baked Peaches) and ended with our neighborhood cooking group, ICB celebrating it's 8th anniversary. Iron Chef Bountiful began right after the Olympic games in China, and our first year, instead of doing a theme ingredient, we chose a country for each monthly theme. I love our anniversary month because a few years back, we decided the best way to celebrate would be to have a restaurant do the cooking. Here are the rules of the club:

These rules keep all of us from running around like chickens with our heads cut off.
It really is ridiculous amounts of fun, and my favorite rule is the last on the list.



We dined at Cafe Niche in SLC. It was pretty incredible (but a little spendy.) My only "complaint" was that the chocolate mousse was more like a crazy large chocolate truffle (not light and smooth like a mousse, but thick and insanely rich) so most of us had trouble finishing our dessert... but really, of all the complaints, that one should not deter anyone from checking out the place.



This is how into food this group is. My dear friend packed her strawberry slicer in her purse so she could show it to us: her new favorite gadget. How cool is she?! ... It's that kind of a group.



A picture from my demo. I love doing demos!

**** This post is for Tuesday, September 13th, 2016***

I am so far behind on this family blog! Look forward to reading about Homecoming Formal, the most successful fundraiser ever, our congregation's Refugee Sock Hop, and my secret to soft feet (but not really that last one.)




No comments:

Post a Comment