Sunday, April 30, 2017

Table That

Whenever I head out of town, even for a little while, my handsome husband decides that it is time to make some change to the house: a new oven, new paint on a wall, etc. I headed to AZ for a few days to check out my sister's brand new fabulous house in Gilbert, and to sit in on my twin's preschool (as I'll be doing a preschool of my own next fall - Little Piggies Preschool!) Anywho, whilst I was away, Ryan decided to play.  He made a new dining table. And I absolutely love it. It got me thinking about the phrase: "table that" which depending on where you live, means totally different things. In the US, it means, talk about it some other time. In the UK, it means: put it on the agenda and were going to talk about it now (cause we're all sitting at the table.) Frankly, I think the UK version makes more sense. Especially since we sit at our table all the time. If the phrase were, "lawn mower that" or "cold storage" that, then it would make sense to me that the topic will be ditched for another time... Oh well, let's table this... so should we continue to chat about it or leave it for later. Who knows. But I love me new Ryan made table.


Here it is, in all it's glory.
It's made of maple plywood. He bought the legs online.
It took about 2 hours on Saturday to cut, sand, nail, glue and lacquer. It's tableriffic.



Here we are dining at our new table. Crab legs... the table was better than the dinner. Sometimes that happens.


*** Sunday, April 23rd, 2017***

1 comment:

  1. Crab legs?! Your kids are so cultured, we just had chicken patties like the kind from a school cafeteria...The table is fabulous, way to go Ryan, yet again!!

    ReplyDelete