Friday, April 28, 2017

Bacon Vs. Lindsey

Bacon won this time. Sorry to jump to the final score, but I lost, and I lost pretty good. For years I have had a love/hate relationship with bacon. I love it, and I hate how much I love. In a not very animal friendly way, I have always adored bacon, and have simultaneously always wanted a pig. I've settled on a breed: a Juliana pig. I'm pretty sure that my neighborhood is not zoned for farm animals, but may plan is to call my new little Juliana pig "Dog." That way, when we're trotting around the neighborhood on our daily outing, I could say, "come on dog," or "Come here dog."... you know, to throw people off the scent... One of my children said I can't name a pig a dog, but I pointed out that we have a dog named Cricket*. We have a precedent for naming a pet after another animal. Mom won that discussion. But now that you know the ending, I'll get to the beginning. Early Tuesday morning I was making breakfast burritos with bacon. I fried up loads of bacon, and felt the pan contained too much grease. So I grabbed a paper towel to mop up a bit of the grease (which was a dumb move without tongs.) Well, I was right about there being too much grease, but I was wrong about just how much was in the pan bc when I went to mop it up, I accidentally swirled a bacon grease tidal wave onto my right wrist. I squealed out in pain, ran it under water for a bit, then finished the task of making some incredible bacon breakfast burritos. So, ya know, totally worth it.



A little Julianna. A piglet. Darling. Mercy. Darling indeed.



A pig in motion. Just imagine a darling little piggie collar on that sweet little porker!



2 Hours after. That blister is about the size of a quarter.
And hurts like its the size of a half dollar.



And this is 4 days later. 
Nice. I't still hurts like the half dollar.
Not sure what I should be putting on it to avoid a scar.


 *We, nor her previous owner, chose the name "Cricket."  Guide dogs are named by the family that first has them, and loves them, then lets them go. Cricket, it is then.

1 comment:

  1. Nooooo! Whenever I get bad burns they throb with their heartbeat. Your love of bacon and breakfast food must be fierce because I would have been laid up on the couch nursing that wound not finishing up the meal. Lavender oil is a burns best friend!

    ReplyDelete