Thursday, December 15, 2016

Dickens Ball/ Winter Formal

Tonight, my handsome husband and I, along with my oldest son and his date, attended the Charles Dickens Christmas Ball. It was lovely and random. I'm pretty sure that my costume was about 30 years pre-Dickens era, but old fancy was still loads of fun. Ryan really had no costume, and so we got what we got.

Also pictured is Preston's Winter Formal dinner, which they had at our house. Preston and his date, along with 7 other couples dined on home-made fries and cheese burgers (by request... I actually can cook some fancy, complicated things, but they had no interest in that. But burgers and home-made fries are still a pretty delicious menu, so I complied.



Waiting outside the restaurant. Don't they look dapper?! 



My Scotsman, staring deeply into me eyes.



Some friends. I think Ryan was supposed to wear something a little more like this.



But aren't we still having fun!



Preston's boots. Abby's fabulous puffy sleeves.




Winter Formal food. Owen made labels for every single dish on the table.
"Winter Formal Ketchup"... and "Winter Formal Pickles", etc. Totally awesome.



No one yet.




16 teens pigging out. Super fun time.


Preston and Alayna. Formal Winter Fun.



2 comments:

  1. Wow! I'm impressed! And that you dressed up too, good job, Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did you get your dress?! I love it! I love that Ryan wore a kilt 😀 mercy I don't think Preston is in short supply of friends (much like his parents)!! Oh to be a Smith...

    ReplyDelete