Thursday, April 9, 2015

Athena and Jewels

Due to a somewhat exciting turn of events, our tortoise, Athena Xena has officially gone on an extended holiday (in our neighbors backyard.) It's amazing how fast these creatures can actually be. Throw in the fact that they dig themselves into a hole when it's cold outside to keep them warm and cozy... and I din't think we'll be seeing Ms. Athena any time soon.  I would like to introduce the newest Smith family member: Ms. Jewels.  She has bright beautiful eyes, nails that are just begging to be painted, and I'm sure she will fill that special place in Annie's heart that is reserved for reptiles.



Isn't she darling?! We know Jewels likes strawberries and lettuce, but does she like radishes?



I had Norman 4 days before my birthday so my dear friends, Amy and Amy took me out to lunch for a belated 37th b-day celebration.  We gave an Ethiopian restaurant a whirl, which was both fun and educational.



The food is served family style/eat with your hands. Fun. Fun. Fun.



This note was left on my pillow tonight before my daughter slipped into bed.  This is clearly the note of a child who does not believe in the tooth fairy.  

No comments:

Post a Comment