Monday, April 4, 2011

The Suitcase

About three weeks ago I had an overnighter with several women from my moms side of the family, a girls trip in Kamas at my aunt's beautiful new vacation home. I packed a hard shell light blue suitcase (thanks to a the rock-bottom price at the D.I.) and Annie and I were off.

The trip was wonderful. My mom and twin came up for the event, and about 15 other relatives attended. The food, conversation, crafts, and accommodations were all perfect. When I came home, my boys were sufficiently jealous and I was reminded how awesome girl time can be.

I unpacked and life has gone on as usual, except for the suitcase. It's cold outside and we keep our luggage in the storage shed, so I had yet to return the blue baggage to it's home. It has remained in our bedroom and, thanks to helping hands, is always in an inconvenient location: in front of the bathroom sink, the bedroom door, just where you would put your feet when hopping out of bed.

Ryan had finally had enough of the light blue hard shell suitcase this morning. After almost tripping on it (again) he said:

"If you're going to leave me, just pack this thing up already and do it. But if you plan on staying, I would really like it if you would put this suitcase away."

I think I'll keep it in our bedroom for a few more days, just to keep him guessing.

3 comments:

  1. You should get another suitcase and put it in your room, so you and Ryan can plan to runaway together. When the kids act up all you have to do is make the signal and you to can be out of there in 5. Is Canada closer than Mexico to you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think mexico would be best. Canada is cold. The cold is why the suitcase has been left out in the first place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh lindsey.... you crack me UP!!!!! miss you!!!

    ReplyDelete