Monday, April 25, 2011

255 Days

Exactly 254 days ago, my family went on a cruise of a lifetime to the Western Caribbean. The food was amazing, and the company was even better. All of my siblings and their spouses surprised my Mom for her 60th birthday (my dad was in on the secret, a secret that was a year in the making.) All of our children were farmed out to their grandparents, and I hope one day to ship my kids off to Nana's and Papa's for the Smith family cruise, but we shall see...

Any-who, the day before we met in Florida I went to the beauty shop with my wonderful sister in law, where my mother in law treated us to pedicures. Mine was a lovely lime green with random black and silver accents. Our beautician sort of did what felt natural, which turned out slightly odd, but still beach worthy.

I have made a conscious effort for the last 255 days not to touch my toenails. FIrst of all, seeing the lovely shade of green brought back wonderful memories of a magical vacation. And second of all, I was simply curious to see if the polish would chip off first or grow out. Lucky for me, it has indeed grown out. I have barely a sliver left on my big right toe. What a cruise! What a pedicure! What a worthy scientific experiment!

3 comments:

  1. Time for another cruise and pedicure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very interesting experiment. Come out to Tucson again so we all 3(me, you, lesley)get pedi's and see how long that lasts!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had no idea it took almost a year to grow out a toenail. Hilarious. I would love a cruise. Let's do it maybe when dad turns 75? I could save enough by then surely (right???) :)

    ReplyDelete