Sunday, June 25, 2017

Uninvited Campout on Mother's Day Weekend

Instead of being avid campers, we're not. In an effort to give moms the weekend off (I'm guessing), our congregation planned a campout for mother's day weekend. Fathers and kids were invited (which basically meant moms were uninvited.) But since we hardly ever go camping I totally wanted to join in the fun. Ryan assured me that a few moms usually come anyways, so I decided to join my herd. Long story short, I was the only woman in sight, and felt out of place and entirely ridiculous.  We played games for a bit, hiked around a bit, and cooked some hot dogs and smores. Even though it was mid May, it was still pretty chilly. After dinner, Norman and I headed home to sleep in our own warm beds.  As long as I live, I will never crash a Dad and kids campout ever again... and I will always support family campouts, you know, where the entire family is invited:~)



Simon setting up the tent. We forgot to bring our stakes, so he whittled some sharp sticks and stuck them into the ground. MacGyver. It was crazy windy. so the tent would not have stayed in place without his help.



So many friends to play with.



Look at all those dogs! We brought brats.  There is something magical about the taste of a brat cooked over a campfire in the fresh open air.



Norman loved the cliff with sand and sticks and other boys playing king of the hill.



Mother's Day was lovely bc I got to spend the day with my children. I missed being close to my mom, but was glad I would get to see her in just a few weeks for Preston's high school graduation.
My family gave me many treasures, but this doll was a highlight.
I've made a New Year's resolution to swear more. I think it's just so touching that my family is trying to help me keep my goals.



No comments:

Post a Comment