Sunday, September 13, 2015

Listen

True story. Church is about to start and several of my kids are totally fighting in our pew.  I'm trying to calm the storm and this sweet little boy in front of us turns around, and talking to me he says: "Maybe you could sit in between the two that are fighting." To which I reply, seriously attempting to muster the same kind, gentle voice he just displayed, "Actually buddy, there are too many of my kids that are fighting right now, and I can't sit between all of them." He makes kind of a sad face and turns again to the front of the chapel... I also made a sad little face.

On a way better note (pun intended) Preston and Annie sang a duet in sacrament meeting today, the song "Listen" from the 2014 EFY.  They did an absolutely beautiful job, and Norman was good enough that I got to stay for the entire sacrament meeting.  My Aunt, cousin and her toddler kids made special efforts to attend, which was just so very kind. Anners and P-dog are very similar in personality, so they don't always get along.  The mom in me was Utah jazzed to see them work on something together.  I had hoped to get a picture of the two of them either before or after... but they were fighting!


Here is the beginning to the song, Listen, by Colton Avery


Everybody's going somewhere
and we're trying to find our way
but we get lost sometimes and think we're all alone.
We don't know our destination and we're running in place
because of all of the distractions on the road.

But He is there

and He knows where you belong
and He wants to bring you home.
When you're trying to find the path you should take,
when you're lost inside
the wind and the waves,
His voice will break through,
He is speaking to you.
When you don't know where to fasten you gaze
when the world's distractions get in your way
He will be your guide if you just close your eyes and listen.
Listen.


No comments:

Post a Comment