Friday, October 26, 2012

School Halloween Party, Scotland Style

Thank Heaven they celebrate Halloween in Scotland! Tonight Annie, Calvin and Simon attended their new school's Halloween parties.  The younger grades had their party from 17:30 to 19 (5:30 to 7pm), the older kids had their's from 19:15 to 20:45 (7:15 to 8:45pm.) The event was thrown by the school's parent organization and cost 3 pounds which is about $4.80. They had lights, a d.j./announcer dude, and different stations with Halloweeny activities, and tasty sweets. The kids could wear masks, face paints, scary and gory costumes, and everyone had a wonderful time.  The decorations were fantastic. I only wish I had thought to pack my silver spandex dress and matching wrestler mask so that I could have shown up as a luchadora...


One of my favorite pumpkins in the jack-lanturn contest. 

Calvin making some friends.  He starts school on Monday.

I promise I will stop photographing bathrooms soon, but I had to show you the soap.  It has a metal disk shoved into it and then it attaches to a magnet, so that the soap never slips from it's place, and is always easy to grab and return.  How have I lived all these years without a soap magnet?

Annie with some classmates.  Doesn't she look chipper?

Simon with a parent, The Joker and Batman.  The Joker was totally scary looking but was such a nice guy and helper, an obvious Halloween enthusiast.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, I'm so impressed that you either brought along or pulled together all the Halloween costumes! It looks like everyone had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We bought their costumes here. Funny enough, Calvin and Simon are both Batman, simply because that was the only option that they both fit into.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the cannibal pumpkin and also the magnetic soap holder, genius. Sounds like a great way to break into a new school.

    ReplyDelete