Saturday, December 27, 2014

Boxing Day in AZ

I'm not really sure why December 26th is called Boxing Day (or if it even is called that here in the USA), but I do know that my darling niece turned 12 today.  Her family calls it boxing day, and that has to refer to something, right? Anywhoo, today was relaxing fun with my Holman clan. We caught the new movie Annie (my review is that it was cute enough), picnicked in the park, played park games, gals went shopping, the boys got haircuts, cousins had a pizza party while we the grown-ups dined on Italian.  A good day. I love vacation, I love family time. 



Sandwiches: mmmmm.



I actually really like volleyball played on a tennis court.  The lower net should have made it easier getting the ball over to the other side... but it didn't.  Too many of us, too much laughing, not enough raw volleyball skill.



The three of us are watching our daughters try on ridiculously fancy, insanely expensive dresses. Three cheers for a comfy seat for the fashion show.



My older nieces have been looking for a good wand to give them flawless ringlets. Enter the kiosk in the mall that sells those, and does some fun demo's.  Annie was lucky enough to get her whole head done. Darling.



Here is the finished product.  Super cute, but pretty difficult to do because her hair is pretty short.  I didn't get sucked into to purchasing for that very reason, but my sisters really liked it, their daughters hair is longer, and my nieces are old enough to do it on their own, so two very nice medium size curling wands left the store with us. Well done salesladies. 


No comments:

Post a Comment