Saturday, June 8, 2013

Visiting Nessie

Today was just wonderful (minus all the sneezing and eye itching of allergy season.) We got to hit three wonderful locations in Inverness: Loch Ness Centre, Urquhart Castle (which looks out over the Loch Ness), and the Cowder Castle and Estate (which is fully furnished and decorated, just as it was in the late 1600's - I felt like Ms. Elizabeth Bennett touring the grounds of Mr. Darcy!)



Cold morning in the camper. Time to snuggle up by the fire.



Breakfast around the table.



Annie and me staring at the Nessie statue close to the Nessie museum.



Ryan and me posing in front of Urquhart Castle.



We got to hear the "real" version of the Braveheart story by Sir... forgot his name. But I remember the name William Wallace!



I think Owen spotted Nessie!  I know I did... about 4 times.



No pictures allowed inside of Cowder Castle.  But I took many mental pictures and am flipping through my mental photo album as you read this.



This is a Highland Cow, pronounced heeland coo.  When Ryan spotted it I made him pull over so that we could get a closer look, inviting all who were "coo" enough to check out the heeland coo with me.  Owen, Annie, Calvin and Simon were coo enough. But Ryan and Preston? Not so coo.

No comments:

Post a Comment