Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day - USA


I have a mother who is amazing.  She is hilarious, smart, hard working, service oriented, a faithful confidant, and my biggest cheerleader.  How I miss my mother while I am here in Scotland!  Though Utah isn't close to Arizona, I still could easily fantasize about hoping into my car at any old time and driving to see my parents. But my imagination seems to struggle to visualize hoping onto a last minute flight to AZ.  There are no direct flights to Tucson. It's also slightly cost-prohibative.  Thank heaven for Skype! I was able to Skype my mom today, and was lucky enough to have four sister missionaries over, who were able to Skype their mothers on this special day as well.  



Me with my five favorite kids in the world.  Ryan is taking the picture.  I love being a mom.

A mother is a person who seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie. -Tenneva Jordan

Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs in my field, since the payment is pure love. -Mildred B. Vermont

A suburban mother's role is to deliver children obstetrically once, and by car forever after. -Peter De Vries

1 comment: